Receive $200 for your PTA
and Help Parents Get Informed!
Parents have questions about the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). As a PTA leader, we know you want to help them understand what the new regulations will mean for their children.
Join New Mexico PTA’s efforts to receive input from families about ESSA. We are asking New Mexico PTAs to host an event led by a PTA leader and/or school personnel to engage in a community conversation with parents and families. New Mexico PTA will provide all the necessary resources in an easy-to-use toolkit, including an event planning checklist, script, FAQs, and participant handouts. In addition, a Leader’s Guide will be provided to walk you through the steps to hosting an event. The resources, combined with training and support from New Mexico PTA will help you conduct a successful event! This project has a very fast turn-around time. Information from your event will be sent to the Learning Alliance, who will compile the responses and send them to the NM Public Education Department for their review.
- The Training of Facilitators event will be held at the Parents Reaching Out offices – 1920 Columbia Dr SE # B, Albuquerque, NM 87106 on Saturday November 12th from 8:30am – 12:30pm.
- Attendance is limited to the first 15 PTA schools that register. PTAs must register two individuals. One must be a PTA Board member and the second individual may be a PTA member, teacher, Principal, or school support staff person.
- Registrants travelling more than 60 miles one way (home address to training location address) will be eligible for a hotel room for the night of November 11th, and mileage reimbursement for one vehicle (based on Mapquest). Hotel rooms are double occupancy. Male and female attendees from a school will be booked in separate rooms. New Mexico PTA will be responsible for all hotel arrangements.
- Breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning, November 12th, for all registrants. All other meals are at the expense of the registrant.
- PTAs must be in compliance by November 7th to be eligible for this opportunity.
- Step 1: Register for the Training of Facilitators event on Saturday, November 12 from 8:30am – 12:30pm by emailing the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7th.
- Step 2: Begin browsing resources on ESSA at: www.pta.org/essa
- Step 3: Receive registration confirmation from New Mexico PTA.
- Step 4: Conduct a presentation with at least 25 adults in attendance by January 13th, 2017 (extended dates) and send the required forms to the NMPTA office within one week of the event to receive a $200 donation to your school PTA.
For questions and to request the registration form, contact New Mexico PTA at email@example.com or by calling 505-881-0712.
Please note: The presentations do not advocate for or against ESSA. They are designed to provide parents and families with the opportunity to voice their opinions. Families whose voices are heard are empowered families.
Your 2016-2017 Back-To-School Kit Is Officially Live!
It’s that time of year again! The 2016-2017 National PTA Official Back-To-School Kit is finally here! As always, it’s jam-packed with tools, resources and info—all specially designed to help you run your PTA. It’s a one-stop click for everything you need to know.
For the second year, the kit is completely digital and mobile-friendly. This means you can view the website from your phone, tablet or other mobile devices. Having the Back-To-School Kit with you while you’re on the go is a big perk. We guarantee it will help you be more efficient and productive as a PTA leader.
Registration is a very simple process. Starting today, June 27, here is the process to get access to the kit:
- Go to PTAKit.org. President Laura Bay’s welcome video and the homepage are open to everyone.
- Once you begin to use the site, you’ll be prompted to register. There is also a “REGISTRATION” tab on the top right corner of the homepage.
- Fill out all of the required information.
- Once you’ve completed your registration, you’ll receive an email with a link. Click the link to set a username and password.
- After your username and password are set, you can access all areas of the Back-to-School Kit.
Do You Want to Win $5000 for Your PTA
Good Housekeeping is proud to announce POP Stars, a proof-of-purchase contest in partnership with National PTA
Register today to become an official coordinator on behalf of your PTA.
You may win one of four (4) $5,000 cash prizes for your PTA. Additionally, each State PTA with a winning local unit PTA will be awarded $1,000 cash. If your local PTA wins, we will fly you to NYC for a luncheon and check presentation in the famed Good Housekeeping Institute.
Go to ghpopstars.com to learn more and to register.
Welcome to New Mexico PTA. It is our Mission to initiate, support, enrich, and advocate for the critical role of adult involvement in the education and life experiences of children throughout the State of New Mexico.
We are here to help guide your local PTA unit to make sure your PTA is a success.
New Mexico PTA is dedicated to making New Mexico Schools a better place to learn. Please join us in our efforts and use our resources to guide you through your school year to help make your fundraising and support efforts the best they can be.