Celebrating 100 Years of Family Engagement and Advocacy
April 24-25, 2015
Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid Hotel
5151 San Francisco Rd., NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
The New Mexico PTA Board and Convention Committee would like to extend a personal invitation to each of you to attend the upcoming 100th Annual New Mexico PTA State Convention. This year the Convention will be held on April 24-25, 2015 at the Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid Hotel. Your registration packet can be found here.
Some highlights of this year’s Convention will be dynamic speakers, exhibitors, our wonderful Reflections Program exhibit and awards to units for Program of the Year, Unit of the Year, and Volunteer of the Year. Professional development for all members enables your PTA to be successful. The Convention is open to all members, not just PTA officers.
Please plan to spend both days with us to take advantage of all the sessions and activities!
We look forward to meeting each and every one of you!
NMPTA Convention Committee Chair
Nominate Your Favorite PTA’s!
Slate of Officers for This Year’s Elections:
VP for Membership:
VP for Legislation & Advocacy
Lou Ann Romero
Elections will take place at the Annual NMPTA State Convention April 24-25, 2015, and those elected will assume office on July 1, 2015 for a two-year period. Please share this information with your local unit members and contact the NMPTA office with any questions.
VOTING CREDENTIALS INFORMATION FOR PTA PRESIDENTS
There are many great reasons to attend the 100th Annual NMPTA State Convention:
- The 100th Anniversary of PTA
- Training and networking
- Conducting the business of NMPTA and representing your school membership on important issues
- It is an election year for the NMPTA officers and properly credentialed voting delegates get to help decide who will serve on the NMPTA executive committee
It is important for all PTA Presidents to remember that convention attendees MUST show their membership cards when they register at Convention. Please make sure you distribute the membership cards to your members.
PTA Presidents will receive a Voting Credentials Form on March 5, 2015 via email. It must be filled out and returned to NMPTA by March 18, 2015.
PTA presidents should indicate who they designate as voting members from your PTA on that form. This may be a great time to fill in and return your PTA’s Early Bird Registration Form too – save money – register early!!!
- Each voting delegate must present properly signed credential forms, membership card, and registration fee. At the time of registration, a delegate badge, voting card, and convention packet will be issued by NMPTA.
- The voting delegate card will designate those having the privilege of making, seconding, discussing, and voting upon motions before the assembly.
The total number of Voting Delegates representing a local PTA is outlined in your local PTA bylaws:
#Article XIII: New Mexico PTA Convention
Section 1. This local PTA may be represented at the annual meeting of the New Mexico PTA by the president, or appointed alternate, and by 3 delegate(s) or alternates. [Note: state PTA bylaws provide for an additional delegate for each 25 members or major portion thereof.]
- All representatives to the New Mexico PTA convention must be members of this local PTA.
- Delegates and their alternates shall be chosen by vote or appointment in the month of April.
- This local unit may send additional non-voting members for educational enrichment opportunities.
Contact Becky Hoover, NMPTA VP of Membership at