The PTA Reflections Program was described by its founder, Mary Lou Anderson, as “almost too simple.” That simplicity—of asking children to express themselves artistically based on a common theme—is the foundation of this long-standing PTA program.
Students submit artwork to their local PTA’s. Works are judged at the local level and the winning entries advance to the state PTA level. Top state award–winning entries advance to the national level of judging.
Here you will find everything you need to run a Reflections program at your school!
If you have not been contacted by our Reflections Chair or have any questions, please email email@example.com and request to be added to our state contact list. We would love to create a community of support, provide training opportunities and share your successes!
- Theme Search entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 20, 2019
- Land of Enchantment PTA Reflections submissions must be received by Wednesday, January 8, 2020
- Local PTA’s Reflections submissions must be received by Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Reflections Chair Toolkit
These files will take you through the Reflections process step-by-step.
Competitions & Grants
Not only can students enter artwork into the annual competition, but they can submit their ideas for a future theme. Also, the Mary Lou Anderson Grant can supply your PTA with funds to carry out your Reflections-related ideas.
These items will help you advertise and celebrate your Reflections program. There are also more learning opportunities for you.
- Marketing Materials
- Celebrations & Awards
State Art Resources
- Educational Theater Association
- Creative New Mexico
- New Mexico Art Education Association
- National Association for Music Education
- Arts Education Partnership – State Policies
- Very Special Arts (VSA) North Fourth Art Center – NM’s Organization on Arts and Disabilities