Parents have questions about the new PARCC assessments and test score reports. As a PTA leader, we know you want to help them understand what these tests and scores mean for their children.
Join New Mexico PTA’s efforts to inform parents about the PARCC tests and how they can support their children at home. We are asking New Mexico PTAs to host an event led by a PTA leader and school personnel to provide this information to parents and families. National and New Mexico PTA will provide all the necessary resources in an easy-to-use online toolkit, including an event planning checklist, a PowerPoint presentation, script, FAQs, and parent handouts. In addition, a Leader’s Guide will be provided to walk you through the steps to hosting an event. The resources, combined with training and support from the New Mexico PTA, will help you conduct a successful event!
- The Training of Trainers event will be held at the Montgomery Complex Annex, 3315 Louisiana NE, Albuquerque 87110 on Saturday November 14th from 8:30am – 12:30pm.
- Attendance is limited to the first 20 PTA schools that register. PTAs must register two individuals. One must be a PTA Board member and the second individual may be a PTA member, teacher, Principal, or school support staff person.
- Registrants travelling more than 60 miles one way (home address to training location address) will be eligible for a hotel room for the night of November 13th, and mileage reimbursement (based on Mapquest). Hotel rooms are double occupancy. Male and female attendees from a school will be booked in separate rooms. New Mexico PTA will be responsible for all hotel arrangements.
- Breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning, November 14th, for all registrants. All other meals are at the expense of the registrant.
- PTAs must be in compliance by October 30th to be eligible for this opportunity.
Step 1: Register for the Training of Trainers event on Saturday, November 14 from 8:30am – 12:30pm by emailing the registration form to email@example.com by October 30th.
Step 2: Begin browsing resources on assessments at: http://www.pta.org/AssessmentEventKit.
Step 3: Receive registration confirmation from New Mexico PTA by November 9th.
Step 4: Conduct a presentation with at least 25 adults in attendance by January 22, 2016 and send the required forms to the NMPTA office within one week of the event to receive a $200 donation to your school PTA.
For more questions, contact the New Mexico PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org or by
Please note: The presentations do not advocate for or against assessments. They are designed to help parents and families better understand the state and federally mandated assessment tests and results. Educated families are empowered families.