Have you registered for the New Mexico PTA 2020 Virtual Leadership Convention on August 20-21-22!?!?
PTA Leaders from around the state will join together for workshops, Live Chats, view pre-recorded trainings and share information in Virtual Rooms. Super LOW price – $25 per person and the 5th person is free!! State and National Speakers and National PTA Guests will provide training and inspiration. PTA Swag Boxes mailed to the first 100 registrants – register today so you don’t miss out!!
The NMPTA Virtual Leadership Convention schedule runs midafternoon to early evening Thursday and Friday and concludes Saturday at noon.
Don’t miss these great speakers!!
- Hear from New Mexico PTA President, MaryBeth Weeks. As a mom in several elementary, mid and high schools she understands the challenges you face and your excitement in creating a great PTA experience for your families in today’s environment.
- “Attend” National Speaker and Presenter Gale Gorke’s Keynote and get ready to be energized during her Live Session workshop.
- Have you heard about MemberHub, NMPTA’s new on-line reporting system? Get information and learn about all the amazing tools your PTA can access For Free!! NMPTA’s VP of Membership Tami Baker and Office Manager Jeanne Grazier will walk you through the steps to get started!
- National PTA President, Leslie Boggs will be joining us to Inspire and Support PTA leaders. As a former New Mexico PTA President, Leslie is excited to visit with her NMPTA family and share her engagement ideas.
- Ready for a Dance Party with the kids? A live DJ will keep the energy going during breaks in between sessions.
- Wondering how to conduct your financial business in a Covid world? Make sure to catch NMPTA’s VP of Finance Allyson Pierce and Financial Officer Brook Bassan’s Treasurer workshops. Then join them for a Live Chat to get all your burning questions answered!
- Hear from National PTA President-Elect Anna King. Motivating the PTA Leader is her passion for you! Anna will share how she “PTAs” and her excitement for the new Membership campaign.
- Do you wonder how your school community can support families and students? Then be sure to attend the Panel Discussion with National PTA Board member Frances Frost, IEL’s Director of its Coalition for Community Schools José Muñoz, NM Appleseed’s Outreach Coordinator Rosalie Nava, and NM Parents Reaching Out’s Executive Director Naomi Sandweiss.
- Take a breath in and slowly release a breath out…..Join NMPTA’s Health and Wellness Chair Stephanie Hansen for Mindful Meditation breaks that are great for the whole family!
- Questions for the New Mexico Secretary of Education Ryan Stewart? Be sure to attend the Live Chat and hear about the upcoming school year.
- How do Families and Teachers support each other during these challenging communication times? Make sure to check out the workshop panel perspectives of NMPTA’s Education Chair Chelanna Carter, School Principal Deb Henley and 2020 NM Teacher of the Year Mandi Torrez.
HOW DO YOU “PTA”? Join us for an exciting Virtual Leadership Convention and register today. We can’t wait to “see” YOU on the 20th!
Thank you to the New Mexico PTA Sponsors:
- McDonald’s Owner/Operators New Mexico
- Mountain America Credit Union
- Grand Canyon University
- Associated Management Insurance (AIM)
- Kenneth Brown Photography
PTA For Your Child with the All-New Membership Campaign
In a socially distanced world, PTAs are more important than ever in connecting parents, teachers and administrators, and supporting critical school needs. Yet joining PTA is not always seen as necessary or essential for parents of school-aged children.
We want every family in our schools to join PTA, because we can do more together than apart. That’s why National PTA created a new membership campaign for YOU to use this year, PTA for Your Child. It’s designed to drive and motivate PTA membership-both new members and membership renewals.
Our new membership theme is that PTA is no longer a noun. It’s a verb! An action plan to support your child’s success. By using the campaign materials, you’ll shift perceptions away from “PTA is extra” to “PTA is essential” by showing people how PTA specifically helps their child succeed.
There’s No Wrong Way To PTA…
PTA for Your Child is an invitation to every family in every school to participate, because there’s no wrong way to PTA. You can give money by joining and donating. You can volunteer time and effort. Or you can help grow our strength and presence at the local, state, and national levels as an advocate for improving your child’s education.
Ready to Start YOUR New Membership Campaign?
Now, how do you communicate this? What does this campaign look like? Let us show you how to PTA for Your Child because there is no wrong way to PTA! Download your FREE kit with:
✔️ Step-by-step guide and training video
Spread the Word!#PTAForYourChild
Reflections can be a summer program?
YES! Right now is the perfect time for your students to start creating amazing works of art on the theme, I Matter Because… Register your participation with us!
Running Your PTA During These Unusual Times
Updated Summer 2020
Congratulations to 4 PTA members that have been awarded $300 scholarships from Land of Enchantment PTA! Each year Land of Enchantment PTA – the statewide association – awards up to 4 scholarships in the following categories: Student, Educator, Parent, and Volunteer, to be used for post-secondary education or professional development. This year’s recipients are:
Jacqueline Gomez-Aragon – Educator from Sierra Vista ES
Brooklyn Staten – Student from La Cueva HS
Annalyn Skeen – Student from Capitan HS
Ariana Licon – Student from Albuquerque HS
Watch in January for the next round of scholarships to be awarded!
Turn your Father’s Day shopping into a force for good. Shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/85-0121400 and Amazon donates to New Mexico PTA.
Register for MemberHub Training
We are launching MemberHub to all PTAs in New Mexico! Watch for your Welcome Email from MemberHub letting you know when your access has been granted. MemberHub will be providing several training sessions for all PTA leaders, so please be sure to register ASAP using the links below. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the webinar. If you miss these times, webinars will be repeated!
More information, recordings from previous sessions, and the full training schedule can be found here: Online LIVE Training Schedule – MemberHub Help Center.
New Mexico PTA will need your help! Through the end of this school year, we need the following done through MemberHub by all PTAs:
- Current officers, log into your MemberHub site to set your subdomain, which becomes your url for your site and store… e.g. “westmore” becomes westmore.memberhub.com for your private site and westmore.memberhub.store for your public store.
- Verify and/or add officers for the current and next school year (if known) — REMINDER: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer must be listed on your MemberHub site’s Officers page for your PTA to remain in compliance (the rest of the titles are optional).
- Add additional PTA leaders and your generic PTA email addresses (if desired) as “People” on your site and assign admin rights as you see fit.
- Since we are launching close to the end of this school year, please do not enter any paid members for the current school year into MemberHub, unless otherwise instructed by New Mexico PTA.
- Families and staff may be added to your site at any time (as People, as opposed to paid PTA Members), so you can start taking advantage of the communications features.
- Paid members for next year may be manually entered at any time and those state dues will not be payable to us until after June 30th.
If you have questions about our state implementation of MemberHub, please contact Tami Baker at email@example.com.
COVID-19 PTA FAQs
April 9, 2020
The New Mexico PTA Board of Directors wants to thank you, in advance, for your efforts regarding the continuation of the work of your PTA and your advocacy for your students in these real and ever-changing circumstances. We appreciate your flexibility, creativity, and positive attitudes as we all face new hurdles daily. The last 3 months of this school year will look very different than spring times past. You all have questions and NMPTA will try to answer them here and in postings to come. Please check in with us through our e-newsletter, our website, or follow us on Twitter and FB for the latest information and updates.
Answers to frequently asked questions will be divided into Membership, Financial, and Miscellaneous areas to start. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with other questions as they arise. We understand that you will do the best job you can to advocate for your students, school, and community through these difficult and stressful times. We’re with you and available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay well, stay strong, and stay in touch!
NMPTA Online Reflections Gallery
Congratulations to the New Mexico students that participated in this year’s Reflections Art Contest! View their entries relating to the theme “Look Within” below.
NMPTA Reflections Winners!
Congratulations to the 2019-2020 Reflections winners! PTAs across the state held their own Reflections art contests, then sent their top entries to NMPTA for another round of judging. The 16 students listed here are advancing to National PTA to compete against entries from the other 53 congresses. All of New Mexico’s state entries will be on display at this year’s annual convention May 7-9 at the Marriott Pyramid in Albuquerque. This year’s theme is “Look Within.”
To learn more about Reflections and how you can host a contest at your school, contact email@example.com.
New Mexico PTA is excited to announce that we have teamed up with MemberHub! Memberhub, an online tool designed to help you run your PTA, will be provided to all local PTAs free of charge!
MemberHub is valued at $1,200 per year for PTOs and other membership organizations, but because MemberHub & New Mexico PTA want to further the PTA mission through technology, we’ve teamed up to provide MemberHub to you free of charge.
Here are MemberHub’s most popular features:
- Get your own e-store. Sell PTA memberships (including custom and bundled memberships) and raise funds — all in your e-store.
- Raise more funds and keep them in your school. You get your own fundraising channel in MemberHub. It’s simple: Send PTA emails to your families, and local businesses sponsor the emails. Learn more.
- Engage families. MemberHub’s communication tools, calendars, signups, file-sharing, and directories help you keep families in the loop.
- Easily stay in good standing. Your free account automates dues remittance, membership reporting & state PTA compliance.
Congratulations to Capitan PTA! They have earned the distinction of National PTA School of Excellence for 2018-2020! For more information on how your PTA can do the same, visit https://www.pta.org/home/programs/National-PTA-School-of-Excellence.