Dear PTA Members,
New Mexico PTA is hiring a part-time Office Manager for our office located in Albuquerque, NM. The Office Manager will work a 25 hour work week. The Manager will need to be available during business day hours 8:30 am – 1:30 pm, Monday – Friday. There is some flexibility in the schedule. Training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have an office administration background with strong computer skills. The applicant must be a self-starter and be able to work independently. Salary is $8.80 an hour.
The complete job description and application are available on the PTA website: www.newmexicopta.org. Please include a letter of interest with the application. Send your letter of interest and finished application to email@example.com or via mail to NMPTA, PO Box 14706, Albuquerque, NM 87191. Applications will be acknowledged as received. Deadline date is Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5pm for email or postmark no later than August 18, 2017 for US postal service. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-881-0712.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DISTRIBUTE THIS POSTING WITHIN YOUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY!
Office Manager –Job Description
Assist the President :
- Typing all correspondence.
- Maintaining the President’s calendar.
- Scheduling meetings.
- Documenting all correspondence and phone calls through the State Office.
- Preparing the President’s mailings.
- Assisting with research.
- Preparing and copying materials for meetings.
- Keeping the President informed of work flow, problems and information from units, councils, districts and National PTA.
Assist the Board:
- Making arrangements for out-of- town members.
- Preparing agenda and call-to- meeting for Board members, under the President’s direction.
- Preparing State Office for meetings.
- Assisting Board members with preparations for mailings to local units.
Manage the Office:
- Maintaining the compliance document updated on a daily basis.
- Answering and logging all phone calls, responding to emails, making referrals to officers and chairmen as necessary.
- Making calls to committee/Board members regarding meetings or cancellations as requested.
- Maintaining up-to- date lists of local unit Officers and reporting that information to National PTA as necessary.
- Maintaining office files, keeping current at all times.
- Maintaining membership lists and printing labels as needed.
- Processing monthly membership reports and payments as instructed by the Treasurer and the VP for Membership.
- Preparing in December, a list of units not in compliance for a January mailing to units.
- Ordering and purchasing supplies as necessary, after approval of the Office Committee.
- Maintaining a neat and orderly office environment.
- Maintaining potential unit contact until chartered or dropped.
- Create and maintain an inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Maintain a check out system for office equipment according to the Working Rules for State Office.
- Issue New Mexico Department of Taxation ad Revenue non-taxable transaction certificates to local units and submit reports to the Department of Taxation and Revenue as required.
- Performing such other duties as may be requested to insure the work of the State Office is done.
- Performing duties outlined in the Convention Guidelines.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Computer proficiency, including word processing, email and current software.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to operate machinery that relates to position.
- Flexibility in approach to duties.
- Good people skills and telephone presence.
- Respect for volunteerism and ability to work well with volunteers.
- Ability to listen, be pleasant to people.
- Knowledge and understanding of PTA objects.
- Familiarity with the Back to School Kit, and other National PTA publications including the National PTA web site.
- General knowledge of Board offices and their duties.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be a member of the Land of Enchantment PTA.
New Mexico PTA is seeking individuals for the following state leadership positions to be elected or appointed in May 2017:
- VP for Finance
- Financial Officer
- VP for Membership
- VP for Leadership
- VP for Legislation and Advocacy
New Mexico PTA Board of Directors to include:
|State Convention Chair||Education Chair|
|Health and Wellness Chair||Reflections Chair|
|Bylaws Chairman||Male Participation Chair|
|Communications Chair||Diversity Chair|
|Special Education Chair||District Managers|
Members interested in serving on the following committees:
|Bylaws||Legislation and Advocacy|
|Audit||Health and Wellness|
|State Convention||Male Participation|
PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED MATERIALS CAREFULLY.
A listing of responsibilities for the various positions, a Letter of Interest form, References sheet, and Signature of Agreement form are enclosed. In addition a resume and one-page narrative must be submitted.
Please forward this information to your school PTA membership, PTA friends, and other qualified individuals. If you have questions, call New Mexico PTA at (505)881-0712. Questions may also be sent to email@example.com. This information is available on New Mexico PTA’s website at www.newmexicopta.org. Please respond via email, US Mail or hand deliver in a sealed envelope Attn: Nominating Committee. Do Not Use APS interdepartmental mail.
Attention PTA Officers
2017-2018 Officer Lists Due
Updated officer lists for the 2017-2018 school year should be emailed to the New Mexico PTA office as soon as possible. This allows us to maintain communications with your PTA as you transition to the new school year. It’s fine to send us a list that does not have all officer positions filled yet. You may turn in additional contact information later. You should turn this list in each year. Don’t put this important step off and miss out on information your PTA needs for next year! Print off the list on this email, scan and send the list to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.newmexicopta.org – members only section – fill in the form and email it. Don’t delay!