NMPTA State Leadership Convention
August 20-22, 2020
WE’RE GOING VIRTUAL!
Visit the Virtual MarketPlace!
This is the place to find more information on Convention Sponsors and Exhibitors.
Have you registered for Convention yet?
If not – do it today!! $25.00 per person and the 5th person is free!! This is a Convention for PTA members, you do not need to be a PTA Leader to attend. Great workshops on Positive Mental Health Strategies, How Communities Can Support Students, and Officer Training. Hear from experts in the field, teachers and administrators on how engagement will and should be different in this new environment. Wondering how to reach families when you can’t see them face to face – then this Convention is for you! Register HERE today!!
Hot Topics and Burning Questions!
Have a burning question? Wondering how to support families at your school? Feeling like you need to hear from others and listen to their ideas for the school year? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your HOT TOPIC and BURNING QUESTIONS and we will make sure to include them during the Convention.
Your voice matters and we need to hear from you! The New Mexico PTA Board of Directors can only do our best work when we listen and support YOU. Contact us today!
Live Chat Sessions
What are Live Chat Sessions? Glad you asked! Live Chat Sessions allow you to submit questions in real time during the presentation. Wondering how the school year is going to go in this new environment? Submit a question to the NM Secretary of Education. Curious about the National PTA Marketing Campaign? Submit a question to the National PTA President or President-Elect. Need some help with a Treasurer situation? Submit a question to the NMPTA VP for Finance and Financial Officer. Wondering how to support your PTA Board? Submit a question to the NMPTA President. You can only ask a question if you register!!
Wondering how to “attend” all the great workshops at Convention? We’ve got the answer for you!! Pre-recorded workshops will be available during Convention that will be accessible to all registered attendees. You can view these on your schedule and at a time that works best for you. Don’t miss out!! These are only available if you register TODAY!!
Tips to be a Successful Zoom Attendee
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Limit distractions – turn off notifications, close apps, mute your phone, avoid multi-tasking, find a quiet space.
- Join early! Make sure you have downloaded the necessary software before it’s time to join the meeting.
- Have your video on unless you are experiencing connection issues.
- Prep your area – good lighting (avoid backlight) and camera at eye level.
NMPTA Virtual Backgrounds
Add a little fun to your screen! Download these virtual backgrounds to use during convention!
Use the following links for Award Nomination/Scholarship forms:
- NMPTA Proud! Awards Nomination Form – Look for 2020-2021 Applications in February 2021!
- Land Of Enchantment Student Scholarship Application
- Land of Enchantment Educator Scholarship
- Land of Enchantment Parent/Guardian Scholarship